Orlando – Home of Mickey Mouse… And The World’s Largest Tiffany Glass Collection
It’s no secret that most trade show attendees think Orlando and Disney go hand-in-hand, but this Central Florida metropolis – that we call home to our East Coast Headquarters – has plenty more to offer. So, if you don’t feel like standing in line at a theme park all day or you’ve already “been there, done that,” this list has you covered.
We surveyed our Orlando staff to figure out what restaurants, attractions and bars they deem “Orlando’s best.”
From fine dining restaurants and a speakeasy near the Orange County Convention Center to a charming botanical garden and an eclectic theater in the suburbs, this list offers a diverse selection of things to see, eat and do in Orlando.
Best of Orlando List – Restaurants, Bars, & Attractions
- Fogo de Chao (International Drive) – Upscale Brazilian serving all-you-can eat meat. Need we say more?
- Prato (Winter Park) – Modern Italian cuisine in a charming, rustic atmosphere.
- Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi (Dr. Phillips) – Amazing sushi, only a 5 minute drive from the convention center.
- DoveCote (Downtown) – Just opened July 2016 – French brasserie with raw bar and coffee station.
- Cafe D’Antonio (Celebration) – Classic Italian with a lakefront outdoor dining area.
- Nova (Lake Ivanhoe/Downtown) – Creative farm-to-table American fare with an expansive lakefront patio.
- Luma on Park (Winter Park) – High-end dining with extensive wine list, hip bar and seasonal New American menu.
Casual & Casual-ish Dining
- Artisan’s Table (Downtown) – Modern American fare with global accents. Great for both lunch or dinner.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse (Winter Park) – Amazing BBQ, sweets and southern hospitality.
- Yellow Dog Eats (Gotha) – Eclectic hangout featuring house-made BBQ, charming patio and live music.
- Hamilton’s Kitchen (Winter Park) – Casually elegant featuring a modern and organic Southern menu.
- 903 Mills Market (Lake Davis/Downtown) – Casual cafe-market serving salads, breakfast and gourmet sandwiches.
Drinks, Please (Bars & Lounges)
- The Wine Room (Winter Park) – 100+ wines to taste via a machine dispenser in a rustic-casual environment.
- Church Street Bars (Downtown) – Vibrant mix of eclectic bars and restaurants in Downtown Orlando.
- Pharmacy Orlando Speakeasy (Dr. Phillips) – When you arrive at the address, look for the unmarked elevator door, which serves as the entrance to this secretive speakeasy.
Things To Do
- Harry P. Leu Gardens (Audubon Park) – 50 acres of landscaped grounds, a gorgeous lake and meandering trails shaded by 200-year-old oaks.
- Lake Eola Park (Downtown) – Rent swan-shaped paddle boats, feed the swans that call Lake Eola home or rent bikes through Juice Bike Share at this scenic downtown park.
- Park Avenue (Winter Park) – Charming tree-lined brick avenue adorned with specialty shops, a spacious park and wine lounges. Also home to the Morse Museum, which houses the world’s largest collection of Tiffany glass.
- Loch Haven Park (Loch Haven) – Nestled between three lakes, this cultural park is home to the city’s best museums, including the Orlando Museum of Art, Orlando Science Center and much more.
- Sak Comedy Lab (Downtown) – 200 seat improvisational comedy theater in Downtown Orlando. If you like the show “Who’s Line Is It Anyway,” you’ll love attending a show at SAK.
- Enzian Theater (Maitland) – Home to the eclectic Eden Bar and Florida Film Festival, this non-profit movie theater features independent, foreign and classical films.
- The Grand Bohemian Hotel (Downtown) – Featuring an art gallery, the Poseidon Spa and a sleek lounge with live piano music, the “Grand Bo” is located just across the street from the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, in the heart of downtown.
The next time you find yourself in Orlando for a trade show and don’t feel like paying Mickey a visit, be sure to try a few of these places out! If you happen to stumble across someplace that you think should be on this list, tweet @ or email email@example.com.
At Trade Show Supply, we specialize in turnkey exhibit package rentals, custom exhibit building and ancillary trade show services. To learn about how we can help make your next Orlando trade show a seamless experience, click here.
Like the post and want to read more blogs like it? Click here!